Joe Bott

Default Dishwasher draining too much

Hello! I've got a dishwasher (Frigidaire Powerwasher 2200) that likes to
fill with water, then drain most of it. Before I noticed this, I noticed
that no water was being pumped onto the dishes. So I had a guy come look at
it. He thought pump might be stuck, so he poked at it, ran it, and it worked
great. But now I notice that the real problem is that its not pumping water
onto the dishes because it drains most of the water so theres nothing to
pump. It only worked for him because it didnt have time to drain all of the
water yet.

So is there anything I can do to remedy this, or do I get to call the guy
again? What looks like the valve that keeps water from draining seems to be
moving, so I'm guessing the valve might be shot. But I'm hoping for
something easier that I can try first.

Thanks!
Joe

Tony Hwang

Joe Bott wrote:

[...]

Hi,
Sticky diverter valve, the one controls which way water goes after fill
cycle? Maybe it is causing the water to drain instead of spraying the
dishes.
Tony
jeff

"Joe Bott" wrote in message ...
[...]

Cute name...but not a model#!

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

that likes to
fill with water, then drain most of it.

Drain hose too low or has no loop ( built in ), broken piece in the
main pump assy are a couple of possible trouble makers. Do make sure
the acual fills are ok, normally fills to just under the heating
element.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/