Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Dishwasher not draining

On 4 Jan 2007 07:19:57 -0800, "Brian" wrote:

Ok, this is a carryover from another post.

I am having problems with water not completely draining from my
dishwasher. Like most dishwashers, the drain hose is connected to my
insinkerator. I took the drain hose off and blew in it. I had to blow
REALLY hard to get any bubbles to appear in the puddle in my
dishwasher. I turn beat-read in the face doing it. I removed the
plastic guard from my dishwasher by removing the two screws and
attempted to check for any visible or any blockage that I could feel. I
did not feel anything, but I could submerge my entire hand in this
water. I tried to remove the hose from the drain itself, but whoever
put it on did it really tight and I can't get it off with my socket
wrench.

Are there any more remedies? I don't have an air gap that I can tell.

And that means your drain hose goes straight from the dishwasher to
the insinkerator, right?

You scooped me, because I was going to tell you about the little
chicken bone in my air gap that somehow kept my DW from draining at
all. I sitill don't understand it but I guess it doesn't apply to
you.