Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Plumbing Noise

"Christopher Flores" wrote in message
et...
I have been trying to diagnose a plumbing noise problem
with no success and would appreciate some more seasoned
advice.

Loose or worn rubber washer? Check the seat while you
have the stem out.

lee

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have been trying to diagnose a plumbing noise problem
with no success and would appreciate some more seasoned
advice.

When I open the upstairs bathroom sink cold water faucet
just a little I get a strong loud vibrating sound. It goes away
as I increase the water flow.

No problem with the hot water faucet or downstairs faucets
(hot and cold). I first thought it a hammer problem but that
supposedly only happens on closing faucets and anyway I
did bleed the system to all air back into the air chambers.
But this ghoulish noise persists.

Pointers much appreciated. Thanks.

Christopher
Oakland, CA

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Christopher Flores" wrote in message
et...
I have been trying to diagnose a plumbing noise problem
with no success and would appreciate some more seasoned
advice.

When I open the upstairs bathroom sink cold water faucet
just a little I get a strong loud vibrating sound. It goes away
as I increase the water flow.

No problem with the hot water faucet or downstairs faucets
(hot and cold). I first thought it a hammer problem but that
supposedly only happens on closing faucets and anyway I
did bleed the system to all air back into the air chambers.
But this ghoulish noise persists.

I had noises like that and found that nearly all my pipe supports had pulled
out.
But I expect there are many causes for plumbing noises.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:03:37 -0800, "Christopher Flores"
wrote:

I have been trying to diagnose a plumbing noise problem
with no success and would appreciate some more seasoned
advice.

When I open the upstairs bathroom sink cold water faucet
just a little I get a strong loud vibrating sound. It goes away
as I increase the water flow.

No problem with the hot water faucet or downstairs faucets
(hot and cold). I first thought it a hammer problem but that
supposedly only happens on closing faucets and anyway I
did bleed the system to all air back into the air chambers.
But this ghoulish noise persists.

Pointers much appreciated. Thanks.

Christopher
Oakland, CA

Could be a loose disk. The cold water faucet could have a disk
floating around and vibrating as it throttles more, and vibrates less
as it throttles less.

This would lead me towards repair/replace the disk.

Just a guess... Not your plumber.

tom @ www.Consolidated-Loans.info

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Christopher Flores" wrote in message
et...
I have been trying to diagnose a plumbing noise problem
with no success and would appreciate some more seasoned
advice.

When I open the upstairs bathroom sink cold water faucet
just a little I get a strong loud vibrating sound. It goes away
as I increase the water flow.

No problem with the hot water faucet or downstairs faucets
(hot and cold). I first thought it a hammer problem but that
supposedly only happens on closing faucets and anyway I
did bleed the system to all air back into the air chambers.
But this ghoulish noise persists.

Google for "seat chatter."

Plumbing Code - Can I tie my bathroom exaust fan into the main plumbing vent to the outside. johnnymo Home Repair 29 December 9th 18 02:08 AM
noise Cuprager UK diy 16 August 16th 06 11:20 AM
speaker noise Blah Electronics Repair 6 October 6th 05 01:42 PM
noise GFRfan Home Ownership 1 April 2nd 04 07:47 PM
Noise BananaPannaPoe- Electronics Repair 2 January 22nd 04 09:36 PM