Blah

Default speaker noise

I've posted this to other newsgroups but no one seems to have an
answer. Hopefully someone here knows what's going on.

Hello, I've had a problem with my Creative Inspire speakers. They're
2400 I think. If I move the remote a litte bit or the wires for the
power supply I get this (extremely) loud buzzing sound which had never
really happened before except for an instant occasionally when I was
plugging it in. This happens even if the volume is turned all the way
down. The only way to stop it has been to leave the remote on the floor
upside down. If it gets jarred even slightly it blasts its noise and I
have to tap it again to get rid of it. One of the remote's wires
connects to the sound card on my comp the other connects to the
subwoofer. I can't disconnect the remote without disconnect the
speakers from the card. Moving its wires around also seems to affect
the sound on my left speaker if that helps. I've tried unplugging and
plugging in all the connections again. Any solution? Thanks...

Seems like a clear case of interference to me. For a cheap solution you
could try wrapping your wires in tin foil in order to shield them.

Albert Grennock

I am a bit unclear about a fw things. Is your 'remote' connected
by wires?!

Anyway I think that the wires are for want of a better word 'crap'.

Basically they are broken/partially broken leading to all sorts of
electrical noise.

Anyway I think basically its down to a dodgy connection somewhere
along the line/wire, the solution being new wires/finding the dodgy
connection
and fixing it.

"Blah" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Blah

yeah the 'remote' which controls volume is connected as stated to the
subwoofer and connects the speaker system to the sound card. I don't
think its interference because the noise is extremely loud and happens
only when the remote is moved or in a certain position. Other then that
the speaker works okay. Is there a way to check for a broken line
without stripping the wire?

Albert Grennock

"Blah" wrote in message
ups.com...
yeah the 'remote' which controls volume is connected as stated

Wow must be old then, wires and connections rusted up?

to the
subwoofer and connects the speaker system to the sound card. I don't
think its interference because the noise is extremely loud and happens
only when the remote is moved or in a certain position. Other then that
the speaker works okay. Is there a way to check for a broken line
without stripping the wire?

Yes, move the remote and listen for extremely loud noise from the speakers!!

none

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 02:23:29 GMT, "Albert Grennock"
wrote:

I am a bit unclear about a fw things. Is your 'remote' connected
by wires?!

Anyway I think that the wires are for want of a better word 'crap'.

Basically they are broken/partially broken leading to all sorts of
electrical noise.

Anyway I think basically its down to a dodgy connection somewhere
along the line/wire, the solution being new wires/finding the dodgy
connection
and fixing it.

Sound like a good place to start, if that doesn't work the OP might
try looking into the power caps in the power supply. Leaky caps can
make for some mighty irritating noises.

oups.com...