Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Floodlight has Mind of it's Own....

I bought a $29.00 Regent motion activated floodlight and set it to come at
dusk and off at dawn. The dusk till dawn part is working tolerably well but
the light will come on and go off several times during the night in 10 to 30
minute cycles. Could the heat from the lights be affecting the sensor?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank B. wrote:
I bought a $29.00 Regent motion activated floodlight and set it to come at
dusk and off at dawn. The dusk till dawn part is working tolerably well but
the light will come on and go off several times during the night in 10 to 30
minute cycles. Could the heat from the lights be affecting the sensor?

Have you tried changing the sensitivity/range of the motion detector?
Most of them should have some small dial to adjust. I'd guess yours is
just set too sensitive, so it might be picking up trees moving in the
breeze, leaves blowing by, ghosts, or whatever. Try turning it down a
bit - that should help.
Andy

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank B." wrote in message
.. .
I bought a $29.00 Regent motion activated floodlight and set it to come at
dusk and off at dawn. The dusk till dawn part is working tolerably well
but the light will come on and go off several times during the night in 10
to 30 minute cycles. Could the heat from the lights be affecting the
sensor?

Cats, rats, bats will set it off. Swaying branches in the wind. Just the
plain old wind can set them off at times, especially with a temperature
differential. There may be a sensitivity setting you can adjust..

Posted to alt.home.repair

read this.........

http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfi...._325-1417.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Frank B." wrote in message
.. .
I bought a $29.00 Regent motion activated floodlight and set it to come at
dusk and off at dawn. The dusk till dawn part is working tolerably well
but the light will come on and go off several times during the night in 10
to 30 minute cycles. Could the heat from the lights be affecting the
sensor?

Cats, rats, bats will set it off. Swaying branches in the wind. Just the
plain old wind can set them off at times, especially with a temperature
differential. There may be a sensitivity setting you can adjust..

I adjusted that early on hoping it would help. The "Dusk to Dawn" setting
should operate independently of the sensitivity setting since the light
sensor and motion detector have different pick-ups.

Posted to alt.home.repair

avid_hiker wrote:
read this.........

http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfi...._325-1417.pdf

Good one.

I know you didn't ask but I am offering you this advice: Stay off Mt.
Hood at all times.

Floodlight to keep my poor plants alive Zara UK diy 8 November 13th 06 12:31 PM
Cable for 150W Floodlight [email protected] UK diy 3 June 17th 06 09:28 AM
Floodlight Kroma UK diy 20 November 12th 05 12:25 AM
CF Floodlight? [email protected] UK diy 4 August 30th 05 11:00 PM
120v vs. 130v Floodlight NA Home Repair 5 August 11th 05 02:05 PM