NA

Default 120v vs. 130v Floodlight

We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I went
to the store and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v is this okay?

Thank you,
NA.

SQLit

"NA" wrote in message
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I

went
to the store and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v is this okay?

Thank you,
NA.

Yes, all the voltage indicates is the maximum rated voltage for the lamp.
130 volt lamps might last a bit longer.

Joseph Meehan

NA wrote:
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v".
I went to the store and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v
is this okay?
Thank you,
NA.

The 130V lamp would last a lot longer. It was likely chosen to avoid
having it go out or it is a pain to replace. The new lamp will be brighter
but will not last as long and will consume a tiny bit more power.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

TURTLE

"NA" wrote in message
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor potlights
burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I went to the store
and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v is this okay?

Thank you,
NA.

This is Turtle

130 volt rated bulb will last longer than 120 volt rated bulbs.

TURTLE

FDR

"NA" wrote in message
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out.

Don't smoke the weed, man!