DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   120v vs. 130v Floodlight (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/116586-120v-vs-130v-floodlight.html)

NA August 9th 05 10:50 PM

120v vs. 130v Floodlight

We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I went
to the store and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v is this okay?

Thank you,
NA.

SQLit August 9th 05 11:22 PM

"NA" wrote in message
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I

went
to the store and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v is this okay?

Thank you,
NA.

Yes, all the voltage indicates is the maximum rated voltage for the lamp.
130 volt lamps might last a bit longer.

Joseph Meehan August 10th 05 12:22 AM

NA wrote:
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v".
I went to the store and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v
is this okay?
Thank you,
NA.

The 130V lamp would last a lot longer. It was likely chosen to avoid
having it go out or it is a pain to replace. The new lamp will be brighter
but will not last as long and will consume a tiny bit more power.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

TURTLE August 10th 05 04:11 AM

"NA" wrote in message
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor potlights
burnt out. I looked at the light and it reads, "65W 130v". I went to the store
and all I can find is "65w 120v". If I use 120v is this okay?

Thank you,
NA.

This is Turtle

130 volt rated bulb will last longer than 120 volt rated bulbs.

TURTLE

FDR August 11th 05 02:05 PM

"NA" wrote in message
We had our house built about 4 years ago. Recently one of our indoor
potlights burnt out.

Don't smoke the weed, man!