Default CF Floodlight?

I'm looking for a nice floodlight to go on the wall over my new decking
area but a cheapo security light would be too bright and uneconomical
to run for long periods. There are small CF floodlights at screwfix and
other places but they are a bit underpowered with only one 9W lamp.
NB.It must be 'Dark Skies' friendly.

This one is the nearest I've found but the mounting looks odd (it is a
'sign' light so may not pivot downwards in the way I want...

http://www.nextdaylighting.com/ItmDtls.asp?ItmCd=125395

Advice appreciated,
Mike.

ARWadsworth

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking for a nice floodlight to go on the wall over my new decking
area but a cheapo security light would be too bright and uneconomical
to run for long periods. There are small CF floodlights at screwfix and
other places but they are a bit underpowered with only one 9W lamp.
NB.It must be 'Dark Skies' friendly.

This one is the nearest I've found but the mounting looks odd (it is a
'sign' light so may not pivot downwards in the way I want...

http://www.nextdaylighting.com/ItmDtls.asp?ItmCd=125395

Advice appreciated,
Mike.

Would anything here help?

http://tinyurl.com/97oxz

Adam

Excellent - thank you :-)

ARWadsworth

wrote in message
ups.com...
Excellent - thank you :-)

www.screwfix.com also sell them

Adam

nightjar

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking for a nice floodlight to go on the wall over my new decking
area but a cheapo security light would be too bright and uneconomical
to run for long periods. There are small CF floodlights at screwfix and
other places but they are a bit underpowered with only one 9W lamp.
NB.It must be 'Dark Skies' friendly.

This one is the nearest I've found but the mounting looks odd (it is a
'sign' light so may not pivot downwards in the way I want...

http://www.nextdaylighting.com/ItmDtls.asp?ItmCd=125395

You can buy much the same, but with a U bracket mounting, from Newey & Eyre
with either two or four 9W lamps, the latter with or without a built-in
photocell. I use several of them and the light is well contained. The
bracket shown is probably the one designed to be screwed onto the threaded
end of a 20mm conduit, sticking out of the wall. I've done that too and it
works very well.

Colin Bignell