Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] aenewhouse@gmail.com is offline

Default Floodlight has Mind of it's Own....

Frank B. wrote:
I bought a $29.00 Regent motion activated floodlight and set it to come at
dusk and off at dawn. The dusk till dawn part is working tolerably well but
the light will come on and go off several times during the night in 10 to 30
minute cycles. Could the heat from the lights be affecting the sensor?

Have you tried changing the sensitivity/range of the motion detector?
Most of them should have some small dial to adjust. I'd guess yours is
just set too sensitive, so it might be picking up trees moving in the
breeze, leaves blowing by, ghosts, or whatever. Try turning it down a
bit - that should help.
Andy