Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommendations for a generator?

How about spending the money on a modern solar array on
your roof. You'll never have to depend 100% on the energy company
anymore, in addition the extra juice gets put into the electrical grid
that can make you money!

Tom

Abe wrote:
As many of you have probably heard on the news, the Pacific NW was
recently hit by huge long-lasting power outages due to weather. I was
one of those affected. To be prepared for next time, I want to buy a
generator that can power either my furnace or a couple of space
heaters, and four 23 watt compact fluorescent lights.

I'll figure out the exact capacity I need later, but I was wondering
about brands for now. Which are the good ones to look at?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:40:15 -0600, "HeyBub"

How about spending the money on a modern solar array on
your roof. You'll never have to depend 100% on the energy company
anymore, in addition the extra juice gets put into the electrical grid
that can make you money!

Because solar power is insufficient, unavailable for half the time, and so
expensive you will never recoup the investment.

For those values of "solar power" that mean "solar electric".
Direct-use solar is cost effective, suffering only from
limited availability.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Exactly how often will you be using this generator?