Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Recommendations for a generator?

In article om, wrote:
How about spending the money on a modern solar array on
your roof. You'll never have to depend 100% on the energy company
anymore, in addition the extra juice gets put into the electrical grid
that can make you money!

Missed the "Pacific NW" part, didja? :-)

On a more serious note, though, a generator is a *lot* cheaper than a solar
array with an equivalent output. And a generator works in cloudy weather,
and at night.

Abe wrote:
As many of you have probably heard on the news, the Pacific NW was
recently hit by huge long-lasting power outages due to weather. I was
one of those affected. To be prepared for next time, I want to buy a
generator that can power either my furnace or a couple of space
heaters, and four 23 watt compact fluorescent lights.

I'll figure out the exact capacity I need later, but I was wondering
about brands for now. Which are the good ones to look at?

--
Regards,