Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Double Sticky Tape With Foam Between Surfaces ?

Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to know
what I was talking about.
Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of foam
between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD might
have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

Thanks,
B.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to
know what I was talking about.
Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of
foam between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD
might have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

Thanks,
B.

They carry it, but I don't recall seeing it in the paint department. I
seem to recall seeing it close, but in an odd spot.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to know
what I was talking about.
Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of foam
between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD might
have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

It's a common item, but unfortunately it's also common for the people
in the big box stores not to be familiar with a description of a
product. I usually Google, find out the correct name and a SKU number,
then ask customer service to search their computer and tell me where
the product is located in the store.

In your case you're looking for Double Sided Mounting Tape or Double
Sided Foam Mounting Tape.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...sterid=624525/

It's also carried in most business supply stores such as Staples.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 13:49:01 -0500, Robert11 wrote:

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD might
have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

It's called mounting tape. I don't know where it is in HD, but any local
hardware store-or any store that sells tape-should have it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
news
Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to know
what I was talking about.
Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of foam
between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD
might have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

Thanks,
B.

Mostly found as an impulse item near the checkouts. Also look near the
picture hooks. I don't know why!

It is still made and sold. I sometimes us it to attach blind valences when
I don't have the proper clip.

There is also a wide version that is used to install carpet. Can't recall
if it has the foam core or not.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think it was "Robert11" who stated:

Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to know
what I was talking about.
Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of foam
between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD might
have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

I buy mine at Radio Shack.

--
"Ladies and gentlemen take my advice.
Pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

-- Sidney Freedman
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
news

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

I used to be shocked at what HD doesn't carry. The list gets longer but it
doesn't shock me anymore. I've got a great local store and don't waste my
time on HD anymore.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Robert11" wrote in message
news
Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to know
what I was talking about.
Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of foam
between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD

might
have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

Thanks,
B.

I've always known it as double face foam tape. I think that I have seen it
at Home Depot, but I forget where. Try the aisle with the screws and
fasteners. Art supply stores would carry this and probably Wal Mart also.

Posted to alt.home.repair

John Grabowski wrote:
"Robert11" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, Wal-Mart has tons of it. Look for the 3M brand.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yes, all HD stores do carry it, it is called mounting tape and is in the
paint department close to the masking tape. Like any large store you are
at the mercy of the individual that is helping you at the time.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of
foam between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD
might have it ?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to know
what I was talking about.
Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of foam
between the two adhesive surfaces.
This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD might
have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

Thanks,
B.

I thought I saw it in the 'hardware' section. With the nails and
screws. By the picture hanging hardware too.

Good luck,

tom @ www.MeetANewFriend.com