Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Default Where can get sticky tape that actually works

Dave wrote:
Where can I get sticky backed plastic tape that doesn't peel into
a thin strand and waste feet of it before getting a good bit? (A
certain very well known brand s******* is not what it was). The last
reel of S* I had I had to use a knife to slice into several layers
because a single layer would not separate. I then had the pleasure of
sticking an envlope down with a 1/4" thick piece of tape :-) (Well
maybe not quite that thick). And speaking on non-sticking
self-adhesive envelopes...

Also masking tape seems to vary in its quality quite a bit. Some
stuff is so err paper thin that it tears like tissue. With the price
of these consumables these days it all adds up.

And while this rant is going, the same applies to brown parcel tape.
4 inches wide and a 1/32" strand splits around the edge of this
super-thin junk tape. Yet sometimes the quality is ok. Of course I
can never remember which one it is.

I'd change your supplier if I where you.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite