Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faded in ground vinyl pool liner

Our pool is only 7 years old but very faded, the side facing the sun
above the water is almost white and was deep blue. The in the water
area look like it has went from blue to green. I may have not treated
it properly and increased fading the water area but the above water is
just sun. I have had quotes for a new one from $1800 to $3000. The pool
is 16x32, 8 feet deep. The pool was installed before we bought the
house. should i try for a warranty coverage from them or just install
new one and try to watch the chemistry better. i have noticed I have to
add PH raiser a lot!. Anyway to slow sun fading? Does shock fade it
faster?
GF

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

Any warranty the liner may have had, would be pro rated and wouldn't include
installation or water replacement. In other words the liner, which is worth
about $1000 with a 10 year warranty would net you $300 at best. To be honest
I'd love to get seven years out of a liner. Mine cost $5000 to install and I
start getting shrinkage and leaks after about two years. I have all I can do
to keep the things alive for five years

wrote in message
ups.com...
Our pool is only 7 years old but very faded, the side facing the sun
above the water is almost white and was deep blue. The in the water
area look like it has went from blue to green. I may have not treated
it properly and increased fading the water area but the above water is
just sun. I have had quotes for a new one from $1800 to $3000. The pool
is 16x32, 8 feet deep. The pool was installed before we bought the
house. should i try for a warranty coverage from them or just install
new one and try to watch the chemistry better. i have noticed I have to
add PH raiser a lot!. Anyway to slow sun fading? Does shock fade it
faster?
GF

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM RBM is offline

I keep wondering if a backhoe and a pile of dirt isn't the best solution

oups.com...

RBM (remove this) wrote:
Any warranty the liner may have had, would be pro rated and wouldn't
include
installation or water replacement. In other words the liner, which is
worth
about $1000 with a 10 year warranty would net you $300 at best. To be
honest
I'd love to get seven years out of a liner. Mine cost $5000 to install
and I
start getting shrinkage and leaks after about two years. I have all I can
do
to keep the things alive for five years

ups.com...