Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE ceramic cooktop

While cleaning up on Thanksgiving day, we noticed the ugly crack, going thru
the right burners, front to back. Was browning gravy and heard a "snap".

The unit has a parts only warranty for 4 yrs after the 1 yr all-inclusive
P&L time. GE is coming out this week, and charges $70 just to come out and
look at it. I figure that the guy will look at it, say "uh-huh, you need a
new cooktop" ...duh, and order one, only to come out again to install it for
another $70+.

Anyone have any experience with GE service? Can I insist that they bring one
with them and install it on the spot? I had an interesting discussion with
the GE service people (in the Phillipines somewhere) who said it had only a
one year warranty. The manual says otherwise. The part costs $494.00US. -
HELP!
--
-bye,
Rick