Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default GE ceramic cooktop

The service tech should have all the parts with him.

The owners manual, in the back, says 1 yr from date of purchase covers parts
and labor, 5 yrs covers replacement cooktop cracked due to thermal shock,
discolor or pattern wear, and the radiant surface unit. I sent in the card,
too.
I found an exploded parts diagram, and it seems that there is nothing
complicated about installing this glass cover.
-bye,
Rick

Since you are sure what is needed you may as well buy the part. Then
if you can't install it yourself or dont' wan't to then call someone.