Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Installers cost more than quote

I use an installer from HD to put in a large slider. Afterward I read
about energy rebates that are available. However, the required
certificates (NFRC, Energy Star, E4)had been removed from the slider.
Fortunately, my gas company will accept copies of the Andersen catalog
and my order from HD as proof that I had the required window installed.
I'm not sure what will happen with the rebate from my tax return.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:25:23 -0500, Stubby
wrote:

I use an installer from HD to put in a large slider. Afterward I read
about energy rebates that are available. However, the required
certificates (NFRC, Energy Star, E4)had been removed from the slider.
Fortunately, my gas company will accept copies of the Andersen catalog
and my order from HD as proof that I had the required window installed.
I'm not sure what will happen with the rebate from my tax return.

Talk to your accountant.

IMHO, i've found many agencies are gladd to see receipts and product
codes, since you can just rip off those certs from products still in
the store.

just guessing...

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

Tom The Great wrote:
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:25:23 -0500, Stubby

IMHO, i've found many agencies are gladd to see receipts and product
codes, since you can just rip off those certs from products still in
the store.

Receipts and product codes would be fine if they were keyed to the
serial number on the individual unit. I'd like to know who cashed the
energy-saving stickers from the window I purchased.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:54:06 -0500, Stubby
wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:25:23 -0500, Stubby

IMHO, i've found many agencies are gladd to see receipts and product
codes, since you can just rip off those certs from products still in
the store.

Receipts and product codes would be fine if they were keyed to the
serial number on the individual unit. I'd like to know who cashed the
energy-saving stickers from the window I purchased.

Hey no confessions from me, I haven't installed any windows lately.

tom
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:
On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:25:23 -0500, Stubby

IMHO, i've found many agencies are gladd to see receipts and product
codes, since you can just rip off those certs from products still in
the store.

Receipts and product codes would be fine if they were keyed to the
serial number on the individual unit. I'd like to know who cashed the
energy-saving stickers from the window I purchased.

Hey no confessions from me, I haven't installed any windows lately.

tom

The IRS would be the least of my worries. You don't need to send them
certificates or proof of anything unless they actually audited the
return or questioned the deduction. For the amount of some doors,
this is extremely unlikely to ever happen. And if it does, you can
substantiate that you bought them and exactly what they were from the
receipt, catalogue, owner's manual, etc. which would satisy any auditor.