Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Default Save that turkey deepfry oil for biodiesel

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
JoeSpareBedroom wrote

In 1988, personal computers used to cost almost as much as a small car.

No they didnt.

Economies of scale changed that.

There was much more involved in the price than that.

It wasn't so much economies of scale,

It wasnt economics of scale at all.

it was making the parts overseas in low-wage economies.

Nope. We saw an even more dramatic reduction in price with say
cpus and memory which have bugger all wage economics involved.

If that were so then why is chip packaging
so often done in Malaysia / Philipines etc ?

Thats a tiny part of the price.

Not if it's done in the West !

Yes it is, because its automated and you just need a machine
minding monkey, and bugger all hours of its wages for each
item, so its undoubtedly high wages dont add much at all to
the cost of what is packaged with it minding the machine.

You're mistaken.

Nope.

Automation is widely used both in the west and in asia.

Irrelevant to how much of the cost of the final item is wages
when its done in the first world with chip packaging.

The lower overhead costs in asia make it cheaper overall.

The cost of the packaging is STILL a tiny part of the final price.

You'd be surprised how much all those 'bugger alls' mount up to.

Wrong again.

No sunshine, *you* are.

Nope.

Have you ever been to China ? To see the factories ?

Irrelevant to how much the wages of the monkey involved
in the chip packaging is involved in the price of the component.

What do you reckon the gate price of a $30 dollar DVD player is for example ?

Irrelevant to how much the wages of the monkey involved
in the chip packaging is involved in the price of the component.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It isnt,

Isn't what ?

The OS isnt the most expensive part of the system, stupid.

How about you back up your assertion with some facts if you're so sure dickhead.

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote

You'll have to have more than simple refutation for your case to stand up.

I JUST pointed out that that stupid pig ignorant claim is just plain wrong.

*Your* claim has no more validity than mine.

If you think you're right you can presumably back it up with some evidence ?

You get to like that or lump it.

No.

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote

What do you think is the most expensive hardware component ?

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to provide the figures.

THATS how it works.

Your inability to answer my simple question speaks volumes.

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote

What do you reckon the gate price of a $30 dollar DVD player is for example ?

Irrelevant to how much the wages of the monkey involved
in the chip packaging is involved in the price of the component.

You reckon you could make a DVD player competitively in the USA ?

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It isnt,

Isn't what ?

The OS isnt the most expensive part of the system, stupid.

How about you back up your assertion
with some facts if you're so sure dickhead.

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to do that.

THATS how it works, ****wit.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

I wasnt talking about YOUR claim, ****wit.

If you think you're right you can presumably back it up with some evidence ?

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to do that.

THATS how it works, ****wit.

You get to like that or lump it.

No.

Yep.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote

What do you reckon the gate price of a $30 dollar DVD player is for example ?

Irrelevant to how much the wages of the monkey involved
in the chip packaging is involved in the price of the component.

You reckon you could make a DVD player competitively in the USA ?

Irrelevant to that stupid claim you made about
the wage component of CHIP PACKAGING.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Eyesore wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:

snip
How about you back up your assertion with some facts if you're so sure dickhead.

It is so sad you fence with the dumbest of all. Don't feed the troll.

(I am just as guilty with fishbrains.)

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It isnt,

Isn't what ?

The OS isnt the most expensive part of the system, stupid.

I don't know how much DELL pays. OEM prices for Windows XP using Froodle
start at about 60-90 dollars.
AMD 64 processors were for $56, but generally 100
Memory 512 MB started at $60
Motherboard generally started from $60
HD 80GB started from $85.
Videocard in USA cheap computers is usually imcluded in MB.

I think all these parts of computer are close enough in price so we
cannot guess which is most expensive for DELL. From what I wrote it
looks like most expensive part is HD.
All hardware clearly cost much more than windows.
If we go to more expensive computers, windows becomes relatively cheaper.
On the other side, we can add office price to windows price, and then
software becomes clearly most expensive part of computer.
Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It isnt,

Isn't what ?

The OS isnt the most expensive part of the system, stupid.

How about you back up your assertion
with some facts if you're so sure dickhead.

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to do that.

THATS how it works, ****wit.

No it isn't you name-calling piece of slime.

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote

You'll have to have more than simple refutation for your case to stand up.

I JUST pointed out that that stupid pig ignorant claim is just plain wrong.

*Your* claim has no more validity than mine.

I wasnt talking about YOUR claim, ****wit.

Well *I* am.

Answer the damn question.

Show some links to some prices. Your assertion is without merit otherwise.

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote

What do you think is the most expensive hardware component ?

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to provide the figures.

THATS how it works.

Your inability to answer my simple question speaks volumes.

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to do that.

THATS how it works, ****wit.

Answer my question. Here it is again.

" What do you think is the most expensive hardware component ? "

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote

What do you reckon the gate price of a $30 dollar DVD player is for example ?

Irrelevant to how much the wages of the monkey involved
in the chip packaging is involved in the price of the component.

You reckon you could make a DVD player competitively in the USA ?

Irrelevant to that stupid claim you made about
the wage component of CHIP PACKAGING.

That's only one of many cost factors.

My point was about using asian labour and factories for a wide range of component
parts.

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Dan Bloomquist wrote:

Eyesore wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

snip
How about you back up your assertion with some facts if you're so sure dickhead.

It is so sad you fence with the dumbest of all. Don't feed the troll.

(I am just as guilty with fishbrains.)

I'd heard of the 'Rod Speed' poster before.

I fancied testing the waters to see what he's made of. It's been very disappointing so
far though. Zero intellectual capacity it seems.

Graham

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Dan Bloomquist wrote:

Eyesore wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

snip
How about you back up your assertion with some facts if you're so sure
dickhead.

It is so sad you fence with the dumbest of all. Don't feed the troll.

(I am just as guilty with fishbrains.)

I'd heard of the 'Rod Speed' poster before.

I fancied testing the waters to see what he's made of. It's been very
disappointing so
far though. Zero intellectual capacity it seems.

Just do what the rest of us do- plonk his silly ass, along with anyone that
gets into endless 'is not- is too' matches with him.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

On Sun, Mishagam wrote:

I don't know how much DELL pays. OEM prices for Windows XP using Froodle
start at about 60-90 dollars.
AMD 64 processors were for $56, but generally 100
Memory 512 MB started at $60
Motherboard generally started from $60
HD 80GB started from $85.
Videocard in USA cheap computers is usually imcluded in MB.

How much will next year's turkey cost?

http://www.livingwithoutmicrosoft.or...-vista-prices/

Joe Fischer

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Joe Fischer wrote:
On Sun, Mishagam wrote:

I don't know how much DELL pays. OEM prices for Windows XP using Froodle
start at about 60-90 dollars.
AMD 64 processors were for $56, but generally 100
Memory 512 MB started at $60
Motherboard generally started from $60
HD 80GB started from $85.
Videocard in USA cheap computers is usually imcluded in MB.

How much will next year's turkey cost?

http://www.livingwithoutmicrosoft.or...-vista-prices/

Joe Fischer

I agree that in this thread it is more reasonable to talk about turkey
prices.
I think what is shown in your link is windows stand alone prices. I was
writing about OEM prices - that computer producers pay - they are lower.
Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It isnt,

Isn't what ?

The OS isnt the most expensive part of the system, stupid.

How about you back up your assertion
with some facts if you're so sure dickhead.

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to do that.

THATS how it works, ****wit.

No it isn't you name-calling piece of slime.

Any 2 year old could leave that for dead.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote

You'll have to have more than simple refutation for your case to stand up.

I JUST pointed out that that stupid pig ignorant claim is just plain wrong.

*Your* claim has no more validity than mine.

I wasnt talking about YOUR claim, ****wit.

Well *I* am.

You have always been, and always will be, completely and utterly irrelevant.

Answer the damn question.

Go and **** yourself.

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to do that.

THATS how it works, ****wit.

Show some links to some prices.

Go and **** yourself.

HE made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

HE gets to do that.

THATS how it works, ****wit.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Eeyore wrote

What do you reckon the gate price of a $30 dollar DVD player is for example ?

Irrelevant to how much the wages of the monkey involved
in the chip packaging is involved in the price of the component.

You reckon you could make a DVD player competitively in the USA ?

Irrelevant to that stupid claim you made about
the wage component of CHIP PACKAGING.

That's only one of many cost factors.

Pity its the one you made the claim about.

My point was about using asian labour and
factories for a wide range of component parts.

You're desperately attempting to bull**** your way out of your
predicament and are fooling absolutely no one at all, as always.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Al Bundy wrote:

Every little bit helps I guess. Your suggestion of not wasting a trip
is a good one. I think the biodiesel option is more hype than success
though. It needs to be processed quite a bit and mixed with regular
diesel to protect the engines and run properly. The final price is
higher than normal also.

I have a friend with a bio-diesel Mercedes that he converted. It costs
him about $1.50 per gallon to make fuel, using free oil from
restaurants. Japanese-run Japanese restaurants are the best, as they
change the oil often for tempura, so it's clean oil.

If you have to buy the bio-diesel fuel it's more expensive, but if you
make it yourself it's cheaper. He does it in his garage. Probably
violates his homeowners insurance policy!
Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Rod Speed wrote:
I wasnt talking about corn as a source of veg oil, just as an example
of a crop that is produced in the first world using industrial scale
agriculture that doesnt get used in the low labor cost countrys.

The U.S. *is* a low labor cost country when it comes to agriculture.
The labor imports itself from across the border.

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Why would you want to make your own. Most pizza places have pizza
that is dirt cheap at least once a week and maybe more often.

I can get a medium pepperoni pizza from Domino's for 5 bucks.
No way I could make it at home for that price.

Besides, unless you want to buy a pizza oven no way are you ever
going to get a pizzaria feel.

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Dan Bloomquist wrote:

Eyesore wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

snip
How about you back up your assertion with some facts if you're so sure
dickhead.

It is so sad you fence with the dumbest of all. Don't feed the troll.

(I am just as guilty with fishbrains.)

I'd heard of the 'Rod Speed' poster before.

I fancied testing the waters to see what he's made of. It's been very
disappointing so
far though. Zero intellectual capacity it seems.

Just do what the rest of us do- plonk his silly ass, along with anyone that
gets into endless 'is not- is too' matches with him.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.energy.renewable,sci.energy,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Zuke wrote:

I can get a medium pepperoni pizza from Domino's for 5 bucks.
No way I could make it at home for that price.

Yes you can.

It tastes better too.

Graham

Biodiesel home heatng oil Liza Rhoades Home Repair 3 December 18th 05 09:47 AM
Biodiesel info Todd Rich Metalworking 15 July 20th 05 10:35 PM
Biodiesel at home? (off topic) [email protected] Metalworking 30 July 6th 05 08:48 PM
biodiesel as cutting fluid? mow4212345 Metalworking 53 March 27th 05 06:59 AM