Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Something wrong with my sink countertop?

Hello friends,

Is there something wrong with my sink countertop?

Take a look at this pictu
http://www.geocities.com/phul/www/Co...SunkenDown.JPG

The sink is to the left in the picture, and the countertop is sunken
down in the area where the sink is. You can see it is higher as you
get farther away from the sink.

So basically, the countertop is higher on the side to the right of the
sink, and on the side to the left of the sink as well. The countertop
is wood.

Any idea what is wrong? What should I do? How much does it cost to
fix? Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Have you put a level on it to see if it's actually higher in one spot
than another?

to me, it looks like maybe your dishwasher isn't level... have you
considered that your dishwasher isn't screwed into your countertop on
both sides, or that there's nothing under your dishwasher to level it?
I'd try that, first.

If your countertop is actually out of level, it's likely the cabinets
underneath, and pretty tough to diagnose without removing the
countertop, or at least getting a better look at those cabinets.

Good luck.

Maurice