Posted to alt.home.repair
RB RB is offline

Default where find tool box?

I recently bought a new tool box on Ebay. It is marked "Popular
Mechanics", and the sticker looks like the well known PM logo. Doesn't say
where it's made. The only other info is p/n 0650.

It's a cheap looking, gray plastic thing, approx 25x9x10. I've searched
around through Google and can't find any reference to these. I'd like to
pick up a couple more. The source I bought it from had only the one. Even
though it looks like it's somehow associated with the Popular Mechanics we
all know, I doubt if it is.

Anyone know where I might be able to buy these?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RB" wrote in message
I recently bought a new tool box on Ebay. It is marked "Popular
Mechanics", and the sticker looks like the well known PM logo. Doesn't
say where it's made. The only other info is p/n 0650.

It's a cheap looking, gray plastic thing, approx 25x9x10. I've searched
around through Google and can't find any reference to these. I'd like to
pick up a couple more. The source I bought it from had only the one.
Even though it looks like it's somehow associated with the Popular
Mechanics we all know, I doubt if it is.

Anyone know where I might be able to buy these?

How much did it cost?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I too am interested since I prefer the all grey box. today most boxes
are fashion brite colors probably to encourge them getting dirty
looking so you replace them. thats why copiers are nearly all white,
shabby stuff gets replaced sooner.........

Posted to alt.home.repair

canadian tire has a:

26-in. Toolbox With 1 Tray

$16.79

Product #58-0907-8

* Deep storage compartment
* Lid scale
* Handy lift-out tray with two storage compartments with
see-through tops
* Comfortable recessed sturdy handle
* Suitable for large tools
* Sturdy copolymer (plastic) construction
* 26½ x 11¼ x 12"

i think that brand is licensed, maybe check walmart automotive/hardware
depts.

RB wrote:
I recently bought a new tool box on Ebay. It is marked "Popular
Mechanics", and the sticker looks like the well known PM logo. Doesn't say
where it's made. The only other info is p/n 0650.

It's a cheap looking, gray plastic thing, approx 25x9x10. I've searched
around through Google and can't find any reference to these. I'd like to
pick up a couple more. The source I bought it from had only the one. Even
though it looks like it's somehow associated with the Popular Mechanics we
all know, I doubt if it is.

Anyone know where I might be able to buy these?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thus spake RB:

Even
though it looks like it's somehow associated with the Popular Mechanics we
all know, I doubt if it is.

PM *must* approve all use of its name. You might ask them (e-mail and see who
handles their licensing) who licensed their name for tool boxes. You never
know what you might learn.

Good luck,
--
DaveC