Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet keeps runnng. prefered style?

I replace the guts in my toilet tank.
The old one was a ball on a shaft the floated up to stop the water flow. The
new one I bought has no float, I'm not sure what causes the water to stop
flowing but whatever it is its not working to well...
We came home the othernight and the tank had been running for about 5 hours.
It filled my septic system and started overflowing into the basement. only a
couple of gallons before we got hom and discovered it.

My question is:

What is the best/most reliable unit to put into the tank.
I dont want to keep telling the kids to wait and make shure the toilet stops
runing before they leave the house...

TIA

Steve

Toilet drain runs 15 feet... Bob Home Repair 21 March 1st 06 06:06 PM
toilet back up nogggin Home Repair 12 February 11th 06 11:17 PM
intermittent weak flush on toilet Timo Home Repair 5 August 31st 05 01:40 PM
Question about New Kohler Toilet ... Linda W. Home Repair 11 March 10th 04 08:09 PM
wax free toilet seal - experiences? AAB Home Repair 18 March 3rd 04 01:05 AM