Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Protection Tips??

I was checking around the net for some home security repair/tips after
my place was broken into in the middle of the day. I did find one
semi-helpful site: www.discovery.com/allstate.

Hoping that people can point me in the right direction - do you have
any tips or know of any books or articles that would help.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Your local police will come by and go over your house and its weakneses,
and give advise on what to do, free.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Forget all the home security and take out a bigger insurance policy. A safe
that is too big and heavy for 3 men to carry off is about all you can do.
Don't keep much money in the house. Anyone that is prepaired will be in and
out in a short time nomater what you do for a reasonable price..

"alana3317" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was checking around the net for some home security repair/tips after
my place was broken into in the middle of the day. I did find one
semi-helpful site: www.discovery.com/allstate.

Hoping that people can point me in the right direction - do you have
any tips or know of any books or articles that would help.

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In short, make you house more difficult and less desirable to break into
than your neighbors.

Physical security is best. Bars on doors/windows. Locked fence. Etc.

Then at least alarm stickers all over the place. This will discourage them.
Get stickers/signs here...
http://needdecals.stores.yahoo.net/homsecsigand.html

Cameras (along with signs) even if not connected can get them to go
elsewhere.

If you do the above and they still break in (very bad areas), then get high
security locks (Medico), an alarm system, and/or real cameras with 24 hour
recording. Alarms in yellow pages (security), cameras and recorders here...
http://www.cctvdynamics.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

mmmmmm.....xxl pizza....

Posted to alt.home.repair

"alana3317" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was checking around the net for some home security repair/tips after
my place was broken into in the middle of the day. I did find one
semi-helpful site: www.discovery.com/allstate.

Hoping that people can point me in the right direction - do you have
any tips or know of any books or articles that would help.

Home protection can be broken down into several areas:

1. Hardening the site (sturdy doors, locks, burglar bars),
2. Discouraging the malefactor through threat of instant discovery and
apprehension (monitored alarms, stickers), and
3. Killing the goblins.

Regarding #3, remember, whatever you say to the authorities, will convict
you irrespective of whether you're guilty. The safest thing to say - if you
have to say something - is: "I'm distraught. I think I'm having a heart
attack. I need to go to the hospital." Use the interregnum to contact your
lawyer. The next safest thing is: "I heard him scream 'I've got an axe. I'm
gonna kill you and every member of your freaking family! And your dog, too!
I'm the real Freddy Kreuger!' And I, in fear for my life, fired a warning
shot but I was shaking so much from fear the bullet hit him in the forehead.
I have to lie down."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:13:36 -0800, "Bill"
wrote:

In short, make you house more difficult and less desirable to break into
than your neighbors.

Physical security is best. Bars on doors/windows. Locked fence. Etc.

Then at least alarm stickers all over the place. This will discourage them.
Get stickers/signs here...
http://needdecals.stores.yahoo.net/homsecsigand.html

Cameras (along with signs) even if not connected can get them to go
elsewhere.

If you do the above and they still break in (very bad areas), then get high
security locks (Medico), an alarm system, and/or real cameras

I've seen fake cameras advertised. Maybe the intruders learn to
recognize those now.

with 24 hour
recording. Alarms in yellow pages (security), cameras and recorders here...
http://www.cctvdynamics.com

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

school classes." -- Ted Kennedy
Posted to alt.home.repair

Dogs are excellent, burglars dont want to deal with barking and
attention........

Home Crappo Reviewed Stormin Mormon Home Repair 17 November 2nd 06 03:02 AM
surge protectors karsan Home Repair 34 June 15th 06 02:05 AM
Moving On: Powerful Tips For Selling Your Home [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 22nd 06 03:06 AM
Desperate for advice on replacing dead 255K BTU furnace in 3200 sq foot house magichappens Home Ownership 6 November 15th 05 07:47 PM
Leaving machines plugged in Andy Asberry Metalworking 10 October 18th 05 09:30 PM