Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Home Protection Tips??

"alana3317" wrote in message
oups.com...
I was checking around the net for some home security repair/tips after
my place was broken into in the middle of the day. I did find one
semi-helpful site: www.discovery.com/allstate.

Hoping that people can point me in the right direction - do you have
any tips or know of any books or articles that would help.

Home protection can be broken down into several areas:

1. Hardening the site (sturdy doors, locks, burglar bars),
2. Discouraging the malefactor through threat of instant discovery and
apprehension (monitored alarms, stickers), and
3. Killing the goblins.

Regarding #3, remember, whatever you say to the authorities, will convict
you irrespective of whether you're guilty. The safest thing to say - if you
have to say something - is: "I'm distraught. I think I'm having a heart
attack. I need to go to the hospital." Use the interregnum to contact your
lawyer. The next safest thing is: "I heard him scream 'I've got an axe. I'm
gonna kill you and every member of your freaking family! And your dog, too!
I'm the real Freddy Kreuger!' And I, in fear for my life, fired a warning
shot but I was shaking so much from fear the bullet hit him in the forehead.
I have to lie down."