Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Habeas Corpus is no longer

Is it time for the UN to come in and liberate us?

Posted to alt.home.repair

ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

And I thought "Jews for Jesus" was peculiar.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Toller" wrote in message
ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

And I thought "Jews for Jesus" was peculiar.

Actually, this organization makes the NRA look like a bunch of pussies. I
like it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Is it time for the UN to come in and liberate us?

ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization

October 19, 2006

JPFO ALERT: R.I.P. Habeas Corpus

On Tuesday, October 17, 2006, another nail was pounded
into freedom's coffin when President Bush signed the
Military Commissions Act into law. Within the Act, the
800-year tradition of Habeas Corpus -- the right of the
accused to face their accuser in court -- was essentially
eliminated.

First, habeas corpus is used almost always in criminal complaints.
Terrorists, POWs, and unlawful enemy combatants (spys, saboteurs, guerillas,
etc.) are not criminals and have never had the protections afforded in the
Bill of Rights (trial by jury, legal counsel, etc.). It's not an 800-year
old tradition. Habeas Corpus has NEVER been afforded those captured in time
of war.

Second, the president's Article II powers trumph almost any other
constitutional provisions. The courts have, for 230 years, unanimously said
so.

Third, the Supreme Court tried to interpose itself in the situation. The
Congress said: 1) We are going to set up, by law, the exact same military
commissions the president originally proposed and 2) We are removing the
whole business from review by the judiciary. This means that the military
tribunals are OUTSIDE the jurisdiction of the courts. Never again can the
Supreme Court meddle with military tribunals. The court was not only
rebuked, it was slapped down hard.

Interestingly, there were over 300,000 POWs incarcerated in 541 camps in the
US during WW2. NOT ONE of them had access to our courts, via habeas or
otherwise. ALL were handled by the military.

The first military tribunal was conducted by George Washington when Maj Gen
Andre was tried as a spy - by a military commission. Andre was hanged within
ten days of being caught behind our lines in disguise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

This system *might* work fairly, assuming the military was not contaminated
at the moment. You might do well to do some reading about the military's
condition at the end of Eisenhower's term.

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

Interestingly, there were over 300,000 POWs incarcerated in 541 camps in the
US during WW2. NOT ONE of them had access to our courts, via habeas or
otherwise. ALL were handled by the military.

Don't forget the Americans sent to camps in the US.

The first military tribunal was conducted by George Washington when Maj Gen
Andre was tried as a spy - by a military commission. Andre was hanged within
ten days of being caught behind our lines in disguise.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article .net, Norminn wrote:
clipped

Interestingly, there were over 300,000 POWs incarcerated in 541 camps in the
US during WW2. NOT ONE of them had access to our courts, via habeas or
otherwise. ALL were handled by the military.

Don't forget the Americans sent to camps in the US.

But they *did* have access to our courts.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
et...
In article .net,
Norminn wrote:
clipped

Interestingly, there were over 300,000 POWs incarcerated in 541 camps in
the
US during WW2. NOT ONE of them had access to our courts, via habeas or
otherwise. ALL were handled by the military.

Don't forget the Americans sent to camps in the US.

But they *did* have access to our courts.

Are we referring to Japanese families during WWII?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article .net,
Norminn wrote:
clipped

Interestingly, there were over 300,000 POWs incarcerated in 541 camps in
the
US during WW2. NOT ONE of them had access to our courts, via habeas or
otherwise. ALL were handled by the military.

Don't forget the Americans sent to camps in the US.

But they *did* have access to our courts.

Are we referring to Japanese families during WWII?

That's what I assumed.

--
Regards,

Posted to alt.home.repair

Doug Miller wrote:
In article .net,
Norminn wrote:
clipped

Interestingly, there were over 300,000 POWs incarcerated in 541
camps in the
US during WW2. NOT ONE of them had access to our courts, via habeas
or
otherwise. ALL were handled by the military.

Don't forget the Americans sent to camps in the US.

But they *did* have access to our courts.

If you mean the Japanese, yes they did have access to our courts. The courts
uniformly denied relief. Executive Order 9066, to round up and detain
Japanese-Americans was ultimately found to be constitutional by the Supreme
Court and is still the law of the land.

If, on the other hand, you mean American citizens caught on the battlefield
in the uniform of Germans or Italians, no, they did not have access to the
courts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I understand that it is almost impossible to keep politics from
creeping into home repair thread. It is not impossible for someone
starting an entirely political thread to type OT straightaway. Thanks.