Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any ideas for a curtain ...

I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the
countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin pipes for
a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be the best way ...

I probably should post a drawing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

may be a problem with claws tangling in net.
keep kitchen table's chairs pushed in.
camera video recording will reveal cats pathway.

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:
I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the
countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin pipes for
a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be the best way ...

I probably should post a drawing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

ups.com...

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:
I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the
countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin pipes
for
a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be the best way

I probably should post a drawing?

The net seems to work on a doorway where I have a sort of door made out of
net. So I'm not worried about that. They can climb up a ways and climb down
ok.

Posted to alt.home.repair

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:

I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the
countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin pipes for
a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be the best way ...

I probably should post a drawing?

First thing I did when I moved in with my husband was train his cat to
stay off kitchen counters and dining table. Yuck! Sweet old cat didn't
like to be scolded. He wouldn't eat anything other than cat food unless
we left out the butter or a dish with apple pie on it )

Cats like for you to think they cannot be trained, but they can.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Check out http://www.drsfostersmith.com/ and see if they have something
that might work better.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
"AKA Gray Asphalt" wrote in message
I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the
countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin pipes
for a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be the best way

I probably should post a drawing?

Posted to alt.home.repair

How about a metal mesh curtain hooked to an electric fence charger.

Posted to alt.home.repair

AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:
I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the
countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin pipes for
a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be the best way ...

I probably should post a drawing?

People use a squirt bottle to discourage cats. Just spray them in the
face once. After that you will only have to reach for it. of course,
that only works when you are there.

You can also put a strip of aluminum foil on the counter edge. The
cats don't like it for some reason.

there are also electric shock pads which you covers the edge of the
counter. gives them a mild shock when they jump on it. I haven't used
this myself but I bet it would be effective.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"AKA Gray Asphalt" wrote in

I want to put up a curtain in our kitchen to keep the cats off of the
countertop. I'm planning to use thin nylon net and the curved thin
pipes for a standalone tub shower curtain. I don't think this can be
the best way ...

I probably should post a drawing?

They can be trained as to where to go and not go. They don't like getting
their ass chewed out. I have a couple that are allowed on the bathroom
sinks only as they like to take a drink from running water. I'm good with
that. After all, my hair gets there plenty. They never go on the counter
or tables.

Many many many moons ago when first born was expected the crib was set up
a month ahead. Cats HAVE to know every inch of their environment. They
jumped in to look. I let them get their map updated.

In this instance the ass chewing didn't go over 100%. Could tell they
were in there when returning home. So I bought a dozen mouse traps. Glued
a small piece of wood where the bar hits the base when sprung to keep it
from doing actual damage. Set them up in the crib. Critters couldn't see
in the crib until landing of course. First couple of days you would hear
the snapping and turbo kitty coming out of the room. LMAO! Then of course
come home and find them snapped. They became trained.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Eric in North TX" wrote in message
ps.com...

How about a metal mesh curtain hooked to an electric fence charger.

My cats are immune to electricity. One of them dropped a radio into my bath
tub. Fortuneately there was no water in it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 09 Oct 2006 14:31:43 -0500, Al Bundy
wrote:

"AKA Gray Asphalt" wrote in

[...]

Hmm... that's a concept. mouse-traps in a cage, so all all you get is
the noise...

problems with curtain tracking [email protected] UK diy 2 October 20th 05 01:04 PM
Finding replacement curtain rail fixings [email protected] UK diy 3 July 8th 05 12:03 AM
shower curtain rod Jack Home Repair 5 February 1st 05 08:20 PM
track join not even causing curtain hooks to get stuck... sandiyan UK diy 1 May 6th 04 06:26 PM
Holes in tile from Shower Curtain - What to do? Gary Dyrkacz Home Repair 3 February 22nd 04 02:26 AM