Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

Default Opening 7year Watch (Cheap Waterproof)

I can't figure out how to open them to finally replace the battery! About
ten years ago I bought some remarkable black plastic diving watches from
Woolworth for like under ten bucks. Indeed, they lasted way beyond seven
years. They said QUARTZ 30M 7YR LITHIUM BATTERY on the outside, use CR2015
batteries and mention "X'TAL CASE" on the back. It is a joint Japanese
outside and Chinese inside production. What appears to be the back cover
plate might not be a plate at all but continuous with the rest of the case. A
little ring from the faceplate came off and it seems like at least the front
part under it is like sealed with plexiglass. My suspicion is the "X'TAL"
case is dunked in some plastic (resembles plexiglas) and can't be opened.
Normally, I'd say, cheap (disposable) watch, returned its value, junk it; But
these things worked really well. I even wiretied one onto the handles of my
bike. Anyone have a clue?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Yellary Clinton, Yellalot Spitzer & Angrew Cuomo: Nasty Together]
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

wrote in message
[...]

~

Maybe something like this:
http://www.timezone.com/library/work...54780793976672

--
Best Regards
Steve Sousa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

"Steve Sousa" wrote in message
anews.com...

Maybe something like this:
http://www.timezone.com/library/work...54780793976672

That tool is surprisingly cheap:

http://www.micro-tools.com/store/ite...emCode=RM59102

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Steve Sousa" wrote:

Maybe something like this:
http://www.timezone.com/library/work...54780793976672

That tool is surprisingly cheap:

http://www.micro-tools.com/store/ite...emCode=RM59102

The Bergeon version is naturally more expensive:
http://www.ofrei.com/page_208.html#2670

I have the Bergeon type and it works great. Plenty of opportunity in
the design for a copy-cat version to give you lots of grief....just
saying.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

Anthony Fremont wrote:

The Bergeon version is naturally more expensive:
http://www.ofrei.com/page_208.html#2670

I have the Bergeon type and it works great. Plenty of opportunity in
the design for a copy-cat version to give you lots of grief....just
saying.

Wow, I sure wish the guys in our collections department had one of
those. Just pulling it out and showing it to the delinquent borrower
would surely cause them to bring their account current. grin
--
---Nonnymus---
In the periodic table, as in politics,
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

"Nonnymus" wrote in message

Wow, I sure wish the guys in our collections department had one of those.
Just pulling it out and showing it to the delinquent borrower would surely
cause them to bring their account current. grin

Some people pay for a 'service' like that!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

Some of these watches have to have the front crystal removed to change the
battery. The jewellers have a tool to do this. It may be worth paying
someone to do it just to see how it is done.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology

*+-Some of these watches have to have the front crystal removed to change the

Thanks. This is a REAL clue. It DOES seem to be front-loading. I
had a hunch of this but wasn't sure without confirmation. I do have a
watch repair toolkit and we did take it to the newstand guy who
usually does a lot of watch batteries. The high-end watch guy we used
to depend on retired a while ago.

(BTW, Woolworths became Foot Locker long ago.)

- = -