Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.horology
JANA JANA is offline

Default Opening 7year Watch (Cheap Waterproof)

Some of these watches have to have the front crystal removed to change the
battery. The jewellers have a tool to do this. It may be worth paying
someone to do it just to see how it is done.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
I can't figure out how to open them to finally replace the battery!
About
ten years ago I bought some remarkable black plastic diving watches from
Woolworth for like under ten bucks. Indeed, they lasted way beyond seven
years. They said QUARTZ 30M 7YR LITHIUM BATTERY on the outside, use CR2015
batteries and mention "X'TAL CASE" on the back. It is a joint Japanese
outside and Chinese inside production. What appears to be the back cover
plate might not be a plate at all but continuous with the rest of the case.
little ring from the faceplate came off and it seems like at least the front
part under it is like sealed with plexiglass. My suspicion is the "X'TAL"
case is dunked in some plastic (resembles plexiglas) and can't be opened.
Normally, I'd say, cheap (disposable) watch, returned its value, junk it;
But
these things worked really well. I even wiretied one onto the handles of my
bike. Anyone have a clue?

- = -
Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Reagan Mozart Pindus BioStrategist
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Yellary Clinton, Yellalot Spitzer & Angrew Cuomo: Nasty Together]