Posted to alt.home.repair

Default higher water flow from well?

The house I just bought and moved into has a fancy 6-head shower setup
in the master bath. But the water pressure seems completely
insufficient to the task of running more than one head at a time... if
I try to run more, they essentially dribble. I presume that the water
pressure and volume throughput from the well is simply too low. Is
there a product that might help? I was thinking of something along the
lines of a holding tank that could be pressurized and provide the
flowrate needed.

Clearly this is something of a lark, since who really needs a
carwash-like setup for people... it is just a matter of having a
useless bunch of showerheads irking me.

Regards, Teo

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ps.com...
The house I just bought and moved into has a fancy 6-head shower setup
in the master bath. But the water pressure seems completely
insufficient to the task of running more than one head at a time... if
I try to run more, they essentially dribble. I presume that the water
pressure and volume throughput from the well is simply too low. Is
there a product that might help? I was thinking of something along the
lines of a holding tank that could be pressurized and provide the
flowrate needed.

Clearly this is something of a lark, since who really needs a
carwash-like setup for people... it is just a matter of having a
useless bunch of showerheads irking me.

I guess it can feel good having the spray all over.

What you really need to know is the volume required to feed them all, the
volume the well pump and pressure tank that you have can produce. There may
be restrictions in the line from small line size, clogged filters etc. I'd
think you can get more than one to run under normal conditions. Check for a
filter first; if so, replace the cartridge.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:36:47 GMT, Speedy Jim wrote:

wrote:
The house I just bought and moved into has a fancy 6-head shower setup
in the master bath. But the water pressure seems completely
insufficient to the task of running more than one head at a time... if
I try to run more, they essentially dribble. I presume that the water
pressure and volume throughput from the well is simply too low. Is
there a product that might help? I was thinking of something along the
lines of a holding tank that could be pressurized and provide the
flowrate needed.

Clearly this is something of a lark, since who really needs a
carwash-like setup for people... it is just a matter of having a
useless bunch of showerheads irking me.

Regards, Teo

Before you get too wound up, read the pressure gauge
while someone uses the shower. Normal range would be
something like 20-40 psi, or 30-50 psi (very round numbers).

It depends.
If it's a shower, you probably want hot water.
That means that a pressure-tank would need to
be BEFORE the water heater, otherwise, you'll
fill the pressure tank with hot water, and it
will then cool in that tank all day, and at night,
you can take a nice cool six-head shower that
turns warm just about when the pressure finally
drops to zero...

You need sufficient pipe-diameter from the pressure
tank, through the heater(s) and to the shower-heads.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I can appreciate a good shower, that's why when we moved to a place
with a private well, I bought a booster pump. I have 80 psi now and the
shower just blows you away unless you restrict it at the tap. They are
neither prohibitively expensive nor particularly difficult to install
assuming you have a large enough space to put it. I'm sure it would do
even better if there were no 1/2'" fittings or restrictions of any
kind, but enough pressure mutes the effect of all but the most severe
of restrictions. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, and when it wears out
the replacement pump since I shouldn't need the little tank or flow
switch will be about $150.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Like this: http://www.daveyusa.com/hsinfo.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Along with everyone's advice of checking pressure and clogged pipes and
filters, etc. You also need to know how much your well can produce. We can
run the front sprinklers for 30 or so minutes and we are out of water.

You can get a second or larger Pressure Tank, which will store some water
and hold your pressure longer.

If your well is not producing that much water, then you would need a Storage
Tank (non-pressurized) and then a booster pump to pressurize the system from
the storage tank.

We are going with the Storage Tank and the 2nd Pressure Tank as we are now
feeding 2 houses off the same well.

Scott-
wrote in message
ps.com...
The house I just bought and moved into has a fancy 6-head shower setup
in the master bath. But the water pressure seems completely
insufficient to the task of running more than one head at a time... if
I try to run more, they essentially dribble. I presume that the water
pressure and volume throughput from the well is simply too low. Is
there a product that might help? I was thinking of something along the
lines of a holding tank that could be pressurized and provide the
flowrate needed.

Clearly this is something of a lark, since who really needs a
carwash-like setup for people... it is just a matter of having a
useless bunch of showerheads irking me.

Regards, Teo

Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

I was raised with a windmill and attest to the fact that you need a
large storage tank for those too.

Note: A pressure tank is a 'storage' tank.

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:20:42 GMT, "Scott Townsend"
wrote:

Along with everyone's advice of checking pressure and clogged pipes and
filters, etc. You also need to know how much your well can produce. We can
run the front sprinklers for 30 or so minutes and we are out of water.

You can get a second or larger Pressure Tank, which will store some water
and hold your pressure longer.

If your well is not producing that much water, then you would need a Storage
Tank (non-pressurized) and then a booster pump to pressurize the system from
the storage tank.

We are going with the Storage Tank and the 2nd Pressure Tank as we are now
feeding 2 houses off the same well.

Scott-
ups.com...