Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend Scott Townsend is offline

Default higher water flow from well?

Along with everyone's advice of checking pressure and clogged pipes and
filters, etc. You also need to know how much your well can produce. We can
run the front sprinklers for 30 or so minutes and we are out of water.

You can get a second or larger Pressure Tank, which will store some water
and hold your pressure longer.

If your well is not producing that much water, then you would need a Storage
Tank (non-pressurized) and then a booster pump to pressurize the system from
the storage tank.

We are going with the Storage Tank and the 2nd Pressure Tank as we are now
feeding 2 houses off the same well.

Scott-
wrote in message
ps.com...
The house I just bought and moved into has a fancy 6-head shower setup
in the master bath. But the water pressure seems completely
insufficient to the task of running more than one head at a time... if
I try to run more, they essentially dribble. I presume that the water
pressure and volume throughput from the well is simply too low. Is
there a product that might help? I was thinking of something along the
lines of a holding tank that could be pressurized and provide the
flowrate needed.

Clearly this is something of a lark, since who really needs a
carwash-like setup for people... it is just a matter of having a
useless bunch of showerheads irking me.

Regards, Teo