Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default higher water flow from well?

I can appreciate a good shower, that's why when we moved to a place
with a private well, I bought a booster pump. I have 80 psi now and the
shower just blows you away unless you restrict it at the tap. They are
neither prohibitively expensive nor particularly difficult to install
assuming you have a large enough space to put it. I'm sure it would do
even better if there were no 1/2'" fittings or restrictions of any
kind, but enough pressure mutes the effect of all but the most severe
of restrictions. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, and when it wears out
the replacement pump since I shouldn't need the little tank or flow
switch will be about $150.