Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buying Kraftmaid Cabinets Think again

I ordered Kraftmaid Cabinets through a local supplier......due to issues
between the supplier and KraftMaid I waited 5 months for my order to be
completed. Then I hired a contractor to totally remodel my Kitchen. He
gutted everything and started the cabinet installation. After putting up
the wall units he pointed out an imperfection in one of the doors, which I
figured I could live with. Then he started to install the floor mounted
corner unit, which was the base for all the floor units. Upon inspection of
the unit it was obvious that the lazy-susan was not mounted inside the
cabinet and numerous holes had been drilled in the base to attempt the
mounting. The gap between the base and the door was approximately 1/2" on
each side. A quick call to the supplier to get a replacement was met with
the statement that KraftMaid said that they could make a replacement but it
would take 12 days. So I called Customer Service at KraftMaid and was told
because my order was through a supplier they could not help me and to call
my supplier. When I ask to speak to a supervisor I placed on hold and after
15 minutes I hung-up and called back. On the 2nd call I was on hold again
but not as long. After conversations and pleading my case I was told that
there was nothing they would do for me. So here we have a major cabinet
manufacturer having no sympathy for customer relations doing what they want
when they want. Here I set 35 miles from their factory with no kitchen
appliances and a house that is a total disaster and no expectation of having
access to a stove, sink, or dishwasher for at least two more weeks. And
whose fault is it that my contractor can't work and my daughter has to eat
fast foods and my house is a total disaster .......think "KRAFTMAID." And
when I explain that some management guy will go berserk if this ends up as a
consumer complaint on local TV news; they just said so what. Did I mention
that they already have their money so I guess that they figure I will never
buy another cabinet in my lifetime so there is really no loss.
I just wonder what quality control system they use or maybe they were out to
lunch when my cabinets were made. So let the buyer beware ...the product
isn't good and the customer service is worse.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Tilton Family" wrote
[...]

There's a lesson learned when you attempt to save money. First, no real
contractor would take on cabinet work, when a one time shot residential
customer ordered custom cabinets.

Second, any real contractor knows, the first thing you do when you order
anything, or even shelf bought, you inspect what you buy. You acting as
your own contractor, should have done this, it is your responsibility
whether you think so or not.

You do not rip apart a kitchen or anything else, then inspect right before
installation, unless you have very little experience. Since this appears to
be the case, you and your contractor should have inquired about the correct
procedure, when remodeling.

I have many positive stories to tell about Kraftmaid. I also live within
driving distance of the factory in Middlefield, OH. One of which when my
estimator, mis-measured for custom cabinets. When the lead carpenter
inspected, and measured all final cabinets, he found one was 2 inches too
big. A call was placed to the supplier, Kraftmaid would have it ready the
next day. The supplier wouldn't be going back up to Middlefield until the
following week. I personally drove there the next day, and picked up the
cabinet. I have many stories to tell, where Kraftmaid went above and
beyond, of what I expected.

To attempt to blame Kraftmaid for your kitchen being tore up, and your
daughter eating fast foods, is a very poor attempt to shrug off your
responsibilities. You have only yourself to blame, and your lack of
experience.

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Tilton Family wrote:
I ordered Kraftmaid Cabinets through a local supplier......due to
issues between the supplier and KraftMaid I waited 5 months for my
order to be completed.

[...]

If you feel you have been abused, go to court for equitable relief.

Posted to alt.home.repair

If KraftMaid was willing to correct THEIR product error in one day I
wouldn't be posting anything here..........poor craftsmanship and quality
control are the issues and poorer customer service.....what it is costing me
in $$ and stress is not of my making but an irresponsible company....blaming
me or the contractor is a poor excuse to support a bad product and a non
responsive manufacturer
"Jetty" wrote in message
news

"The Tilton Family" wrote
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Tilton Family" wrote
If KraftMaid was willing to correct THEIR product error in one day I
wouldn't be posting anything here..........poor craftsmanship and
quality control are the issues and poorer customer service.....what it is
costing me in $$ and stress is not of my making but an irresponsible
company....blaming me or the contractor is a poor excuse to support a bad
product and a non responsive manufacturer

Most beginners know to check cabinets before ripping out their old ones.
Doesn't say much for you and your contractor, does it?

I would say I'm sorry for being so harsh, but your own stupidity got you
into the mess. Quit blaming others for you being so damn dumb.

Posted to alt.home.repair

most people expect quality not incompetence

"The Tilton Family" wrote