Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool LBR4132HQ0 washer - noise after spinning cycle stops

Hi,

I've got a LBR4132HQO Whirlpool washer thats about 5-6 years old. I'm
pretty handy at repairing things, but am quite ignorant regarding
washers. But here goes....

The filling, washing, draining and spinning cycles appear to be working
fine. When the spin cycle stops (i.e. clutch disengages), the washer
makes a banging/klunking noise until the drum stops spinning. I havent
noticed anything obvious, but haven't went much further than taking the
panel off.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

p4o2 wrote:
wrote:
p4o2 wrote:
wrote:
p4o2 wrote:
wrote:
Hi,

I've got a LBR4132HQO Whirlpool washer thats about 5-6 years old. I'm
pretty handy at repairing things, but am quite ignorant regarding
washers. But here goes....

The filling, washing, draining and spinning cycles appear to be working
fine. When the spin cycle stops (i.e. clutch disengages), the washer
makes a banging/klunking noise until the drum stops spinning. I havent
noticed anything obvious, but haven't went much further than taking the
panel off.

Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

Rebalance the load and try the spin cycle again.

I've tried that. This noise happens 99% of the time with both small or
large loads. The noise does not occur during the spin cycle itself,
only after its finished, when the drum is slowing down.

OK, I guess it will also do it MT? Strange! Ballanced while up to speed
but not while slowng down.

If MT refers to empty (my ignorance) - I'm not sure if I tried that.
But it does make the noise when washing only 2 medium size towels.

Sorry, MT is a way we marked empty containers. If you Google LBR4132HQ0
you can look at diagrams of the parts of the washer. One, has a brake
assembly that may be the problem. If you shake the empty tub you may
hear broken parts rattle?

I haven't noticed any noises when I shake the MT tub. I'll check again
when I go home.

Just thought of this comparison. You mentioned above about being
balanced up to speed but not when slowing down. I don't know if it's a
balance problem. The sound is very similar to the sound one would get
if you stuck a hockey card or piece of plastic in the spokes of a bike
and then rode the bike, except louder.