Posted to alt.home.repair

Default no hot water sometimes

seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water...think its some easy fix or
do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water
heater thats about 4 years old

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water...think its some easy fix or
do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water
heater thats about 4 years old

Could be the coal need stoking after a big use. Do you take the ash out
regularly?

It would be much easier to diagnose if we knew if the heater was gas,
electrric, oil, solar, coal, wood, or nuclear powered.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 20:53:53 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water...think its some easy fix or
do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water
heater thats about 4 years old

Could be the coal need stoking after a big use. Do you take the ash out
regularly?

It would be much easier to diagnose if we knew if the heater was gas,
electrric, oil, solar, coal, wood, or nuclear powered.

come on Edwin.. he said "40Gal gas water heater"
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water...think its some easy fix or
do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water
heater thats about 4 years old

Could be the coal need stoking after a big use. Do you take the ash out
regularly?

It would be much easier to diagnose if we knew if the heater was gas,
electrric, oil, solar, coal, wood, or nuclear powered.

As he indicated, 40 Gas gas water heater that is 4 years old

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Chuck (in SC)" wrote in message

do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water

come on Edwin.. he said "40Gal gas water heater"

Damn, I read that three times and didn't see it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hi,

1. do you also get central heating from your boiler or is it only for
hot water?

2. is it a fan assisted flew?

3. is the water running fast out of the hot tap equivalent two around
fourteen liters a minute?

4. When you turn the hot tap on does the boiler fire?

5. do you have a pilot light or an automatic ignition system?

6. do you have a immersion tank that is running off the mains
electric, generally you will find that in your airing cupboard?

wrote:
seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water...think its some easy fix or
do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water
heater thats about 4 years old

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
oups.com...
seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water..

How do you get the hot water going, after the water has turned cold?

-zero

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:50:46 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Chuck (in SC)" wrote in message
.. .

do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water

come on Edwin.. he said "40Gal gas water heater"

Damn, I read that three times and didn't see it.

I know.. It's hell getting old.....oh how well I know..
Chuck
Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On 10 Sep 2006 14:53:36 -0700, wrote:

6. do you have a immersion tank that is running off the mains
electric, generally you will find that in your airing cupboard?

I"m still looking for my airing cupboard. Is it in the dining
room?

Posted to alt.home.repair

try turning up the thermostat some, may fix it.

water temp after heavy use is always higher

Posted to alt.home.repair

Airing cupboards are generally found in bedrooms or hallway/ landing
but very rarely found in the dining room. Modern combination boilers do
not require an airing cupboard because they do not store hot water in a
cylinder, but comes from direct mains.