Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default no hot water sometimes

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
seems to me that if i use hot water (i.e. run the washer/dishwasher)
after a few hours i can take a hot shower but if no one uses any hot
water for a while all i get is cold water...think its some easy fix or
do i have to get a new hot water heater btw using a 40Gal gas water
heater thats about 4 years old

Could be the coal need stoking after a big use. Do you take the ash out
regularly?

It would be much easier to diagnose if we knew if the heater was gas,
electrric, oil, solar, coal, wood, or nuclear powered.

As he indicated, 40 Gas gas water heater that is 4 years old