Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is 1/4" glass directional?

I've done lots of projects with glass and had it cut at my local glass shop.
I am putting an antique medicine cabinet in a house I'm restoring and I
needed new glass shelves for it. There was a new girl at the counter. When
I gave her my measurements, I told her that I wanted 1/4" glass and my
measurements were 3 1/8" by 15. Then she wanted to know what was width and
what was length. I told her that as far as I knew, she had all the
measurements she needed. With some eye rolling on her part, she took the
order and later in the day, I got a call to pick it up and it was fine. I'm
thinking she was just new or maybe a little nagging voice in my head says
*maybe* it makes a difference in what is length or width? I doubt it, but
I'm throwing it out here anyway.

Perry

Renovating old house stasya Home Ownership 16 June 14th 06 04:36 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Replacing Coffee Table Glass nuttie_cat Home Repair 6 January 10th 06 11:28 PM
Glass blowing molds [email protected] Metalworking 13 April 19th 05 05:14 AM