Posted to alt.home.repair
Perry Templeton Perry Templeton is offline

Default Is 1/4" glass directional?

They all were sanded and smoothed. I seriously doubt if that is the reason
for the bimbette's question, though. I really think she was a "front desk"
idjut and not much more.
Perry
"Bennett Price" wrote in message
. com...
Any possibility that one long edge was polished/'sanded'/bevelled
after cutting?

Perry Templeton wrote:
I've done lots of projects with glass and had it cut at my local glass
shop. I am putting an antique medicine cabinet in a house I'm restoring
and I needed new glass shelves for it. There was a new girl at the
counter. When I gave her my measurements, I told her that I wanted 1/4"
glass and my measurements were 3 1/8" by 15. Then she wanted to know
what was width and what was length. I told her that as far as I knew, she
had all the measurements she needed. With some eye rolling on her part,
she took the order and later in the day, I got a call to pick it up and
it was fine. I'm thinking she was just new or maybe a little nagging
voice in my head says *maybe* it makes a difference in what is length or
width? I doubt it, but I'm throwing it out here anyway.

Perry