Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

Default Is 1/4" glass directional?

It sounds like a teenage girl at the cleaners, had to use a calculator to
figure out the change from a $20.00 bill. Counting change up from the amount
of the charges manually was taught in school when I was young, because no
cash register of the day could figure it out and calculators were huge and
expensive (circ. 1950s) and people didn't want to stand around while you did
math on a piece of paper.

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
.. .
I've done lots of projects with glass and had it cut at my local glass
shop. I am putting an antique medicine cabinet in a house I'm restoring
and I needed new glass shelves for it. There was a new girl at the
counter. When I gave her my measurements, I told her that I wanted 1/4"
glass and my measurements were 3 1/8" by 15. Then she wanted to know what
was width and what was length. I told her that as far as I knew, she had
all the measurements she needed. With some eye rolling on her part, she
took the order and later in the day, I got a call to pick it up and it was
fine. I'm thinking she was just new or maybe a little nagging voice in my
head says *maybe* it makes a difference in what is length or width? I
doubt it, but I'm throwing it out here anyway.

Perry