Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is 1/4" glass directional?

"Perry Templeton" wrote in message
.. .
I've done lots of projects with glass and had it cut at my local glass
shop. I am putting an antique medicine cabinet in a house I'm restoring
and I needed new glass shelves for it. There was a new girl at the
counter. When I gave her my measurements, I told her that I wanted 1/4"
glass and my measurements were 3 1/8" by 15. Then she wanted to know what
was width and what was length. I told her that as far as I knew, she had
all the measurements she needed. With some eye rolling on her part, she
took the order and later in the day, I got a call to pick it up and it was
fine.

Maybe she want to wrap it in paper in the same direction as the width?
Shame you did not need two pieces. You could have ordered a 3 x 15 and a 15
x 3. That would have confused the hell out of her.