Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling

I have a 5 year old Kenmore refrigerator, and it is having problems
continually cooling. The other day I noticed it was not running, and my
freezer items were begining to thaw. The temperature dials were set to
normal as usual. Raising the coldness level did nothing. However, when
I turned the coldness level to zero (off), and then turned it back to a
colder level the fridge cooling turned back on.

The same problem happened again today, and the same "solution" worked.
Turning the dial to zero (off), then back up to a cooling level. I
don't have a noticable issue with dripping water or frost. I also have
very few items in the freezer and fridge. Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

So, Lawrence, reading comprehension isn't your strong point.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Lawrence" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
I have a 5 year old Kenmore refrigerator, and it is having problems

How old is the fridge??

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the responses.
I doubt it is the defrost cycle, unless it is a very aggressive defrost
cycle. My ice cream turned into soup..literally. It has happened a
number of times now, not sure if it is at the same time each day
though. I will look more into the thermostat suggestion

Posted to alt.home.repair
PV PV is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for the responses.
I doubt it is the defrost cycle, unless it is a very aggressive defrost
cycle. My ice cream turned into soup..literally. It has happened a
number of times now, not sure if it is at the same time each day
though. I will look more into the thermostat suggestion

Is the fan running? Our fridge did almost the same thing, it was cool but
anything at the front of the freezer would thaw. The tech pulled the panel
from the back of the freezer and replaced the fan and away it went.

PV

heating and cooling questions Mark Modrall Home Repair 4 July 30th 06 05:55 PM
Kenmore Appliances cover Home Repair 18 December 27th 05 02:59 AM
Question on cooling coils [email protected] Home Repair 9 August 28th 05 01:55 AM
Evaporative cooler question SteveB Home Repair 105 February 1st 05 01:06 PM
2003 Consumer Reports Best Buys for your home T.T. Home Ownership 13 March 24th 04 08:30 PM