Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling

On 28 Aug 2006 13:30:20 -0700, wrote:

I have a 5 year old Kenmore refrigerator, and it is having problems
continually cooling. The other day I noticed it was not running, and my
freezer items were begining to thaw. The temperature dials were set to
normal as usual. Raising the coldness level did nothing. However, when
I turned the coldness level to zero (off), and then turned it back to a
colder level the fridge cooling turned back on.

The same problem happened again today, and the same "solution" worked.
Turning the dial to zero (off), then back up to a cooling level. I
don't have a noticable issue with dripping water or frost. I also have
very few items in the freezer and fridge. Any ideas?

Sounds like you caught it in the "defrost" cycle.
That'd happen same time, every day.
Don't fuss with it !

rj