Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default Kenmore Refrigerator Not Cooling

wrote:
I have a 5 year old Kenmore refrigerator, and it is having problems
continually cooling. The other day I noticed it was not running, and my
freezer items were begining to thaw. The temperature dials were set to
normal as usual. Raising the coldness level did nothing. However, when
I turned the coldness level to zero (off), and then turned it back to a
colder level the fridge cooling turned back on.

The same problem happened again today, and the same "solution" worked.
Turning the dial to zero (off), then back up to a cooling level. I
don't have a noticable issue with dripping water or frost. I also have
very few items in the freezer and fridge. Any ideas?

How old is the fridge??