Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leaking washer; problem found. How to fix?

Okay my Frigidaire washer (FWS800FHS0) started leaking after a recent
move. It was only coming from the left side, and for sure from under
it. After looking at the diagrams on some parts purchase websites, I
saw that the only thing on that side was the drainage system.

So I took off the front panel and ran a load. The drain pump isn't
leaking (thank goodness) but the water seems to start dripping halfway
down the piece of the drainhose inside of the unit before it exits out
the back. I would build up in the bottom panel, and eventually spill
out. Ick.

Hey its plastic. Plastic rots. This sucker is 6 years old. Drainhose
is a $25 part, not bad. But those clamps holding the hose onto the pump
and to the unit looks pretty substaintial. Anyone ever wrestled with
these? What's the trick?
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Bailey wrote:
...Frigidaire washer (FWS800FHS0) started leaking ... drain pump isn't
leaking (thank goodness) but the water seems to start dripping halfway
down the piece of the drainhose inside of the unit ...

Sure the leak is there or at the end or somewhere else just running
down the outside until drips at a low point? Just to be sure you found
actual leak, not the symptom...

Hey its plastic. Plastic rots. This sucker is 6 years old. Drainhose
is a $25 part, not bad. But those clamps holding the hose onto the pump
and to the unit looks pretty substaintial. Anyone ever wrestled with
these? What's the trick?

First, is there anything particularly unique about this piece of drain
hose? If not, I'd suggest just getting a chunk from the hardware store
at much less than $25 -- more like $1/linear ft or so...

I assume you mean the single wire clamp--there's no real trick, just a
pair of pliers to squeeze. Depending on access, it may be handy to use
a pair of long-nose vise-grip-type pliers to keep hold. There are
special clamp pliers w/ a notch in the jaws, but should be able to do
one or two of these w/o recourse to them. I typically will replace
these w/ a screw clamp just for simplicity if they are in a difficult
place to reach.

HTH...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message
ps.com...

Bailey wrote:
[...]

Good advice!

Colbyt

Washer problem (clothes) p4o2 Home Repair 4 February 8th 06 01:13 AM
Kenmore front load washer stop working,timer problem? [email protected] Home Repair 6 December 28th 05 04:30 AM
Maytag Washer Leaking RZ Home Repair 2 September 28th 04 12:04 PM
Whirlpool Washer Problem. TURTLE Home Repair 7 March 22nd 04 07:10 PM
Leaking Kitchenaid Washer AuralFeast Home Repair 2 January 14th 04 02:31 PM