RZ

Default Maytag Washer Leaking

Hi, I'm drowning.....

I have a Maytag Automatic washer model # LAT9635AAE that continues to leak
hot water into the tub, when the washer is off. I have shut off the hot
water supply to the washer, and that is the only way to stop the leak....I'm
thinking there may be a faulty one-way valve in the washer's hot water line,
but that is only a guess.

Can anyone help me before I tear my wife's washing machine apart??

thanks

Dave L.

There's two water inlet valves that are electrically operated. The one for hot
water may be defective, or may have some debris in the seat causing it to leak.

Replace or repair is your option. Unplug the washer before repairing.

Dave

In article , "RZ"
wrote:

Hi, I'm drowning.....

I have a Maytag Automatic washer model # LAT9635AAE that continues to leak
hot water into the tub, when the washer is off. I have shut off the hot
water supply to the washer, and that is the only way to stop the leak....I'm
thinking there may be a faulty one-way valve in the washer's hot water line,
but that is only a guess.

Can anyone help me before I tear my wife's washing machine apart??

jeff

"RZ" wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm drowning.....

I have a Maytag Automatic washer model # LAT9635AAE that continues to leak
hot water into the tub, when the washer is off. I have shut off the hot
water supply to the washer, and that is the only way to stop the leak....I'm
thinking there may be a faulty one-way valve in the washer's hot water line,
but that is only a guess.

Can anyone help me before I tear my wife's washing machine apart??

thanks

Hi,

Certainly sounds like the fill valve is not closing properly and the
hot water is still flowing in even with the washer off = new fill
valve time. The fill valve is where the hot and cold hoses are
attached to the washer.

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=1752
Washer water inlet valve.

Change the hose washers at the same time.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=470744
Set of four replacement washers for hot and cold water fill lines.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/