Posted to alt.home.repair
p4o2

Default Washer problem (clothes)

Relatively new washer will agitate butnot pump our or anything else. Do
not think it is a dirty timer. Any ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, if it is a Whirlpool or Kenmore top loader, and it will agitate
but not spin/drain, then it may be the lid switch. If there is a hole
where the lid actuator should be depressing the lid switch, and the
switch isn't there anymore, you know that it has broken. Sometimes you
can reach under and actuate what is left of the switch, and get the
washer to drain.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

"p4o2" wrote in message
oups.com...
Relatively new washer will agitate butnot pump our or anything else. Do
not think it is a dirty timer. Any ideas?

First make sure the drain hose hasn't gotten kinked by the machine moving a
little. These pumps are low pressure, high volume and don't take much
resistance to prevent them from pumping the water out. And of course all of
the machines will not proceed beyond agitating if the water doesn't pump
out. There are lots of other reasons a machine doesn't pump out....baby
sock in outer tub plugging tub outlet, Whirlpool made machines require that
the motor reverse to pump, late model GE's have a separate water pump
motor, timer, and the list goes on.....

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

p4o2 wrote:
Relatively new washer will agitate butnot pump our or anything else. Do
not think it is a dirty timer. Any ideas?

Hi,

Washer make, model#?
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

The lid switch or lid switch probe may be a good enough place to start
as that is often something that can prevent the draining and spinning
from working.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
p4o2

You guys are good. The problem is a broken lid switch.

Thanks