Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Leaking washer; problem found. How to fix?

"dpb" wrote in message
ps.com...

Bailey wrote:
...Frigidaire washer (FWS800FHS0) started leaking ... drain pump isn't
leaking (thank goodness) but the water seems to start dripping halfway
down the piece of the drainhose inside of the unit ...

Sure the leak is there or at the end or somewhere else just running
down the outside until drips at a low point? Just to be sure you found
actual leak, not the symptom...

Hey its plastic. Plastic rots. This sucker is 6 years old. Drainhose
is a $25 part, not bad. But those clamps holding the hose onto the pump
and to the unit looks pretty substaintial. Anyone ever wrestled with
these? What's the trick?

First, is there anything particularly unique about this piece of drain
hose? If not, I'd suggest just getting a chunk from the hardware store
at much less than $25 -- more like $1/linear ft or so...

I assume you mean the single wire clamp--there's no real trick, just a
pair of pliers to squeeze. Depending on access, it may be handy to use
a pair of long-nose vise-grip-type pliers to keep hold. There are
special clamp pliers w/ a notch in the jaws, but should be able to do
one or two of these w/o recourse to them. I typically will replace
these w/ a screw clamp just for simplicity if they are in a difficult
place to reach.

HTH...

Good advice!

Colbyt