Posted to alt.home.repair

Default toilet not refilling after flushing

I have a flush tank with a float that goes up and down the refill valve
(not the ball). Recently however after I flush the toilet occasionally
water will refill into the tank only after i have touched/moved the
float up and down. Also noticed water fill over the fill tube thus
leaking excess water into the toilet blow.
Any suggestions on a remedy

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

david wrote:
I have a flush tank with a float that goes up and down the refill valve
(not the ball). Recently however after I flush the toilet occasionally
water will refill into the tank only after i have touched/moved the
float up and down. Also noticed water fill over the fill tube thus
leaking excess water into the toilet blow.
Any suggestions on a remedy

Thanks

Sounds like the valve part of the assembly is getting sticky.

Easiest thing to do is just replace the entire fill valve assembly, they
can be gotten for around $10 at the box stores.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair

2 possible solutions: take it apart clean, inspect, replace any seals,
or buy a new fluid-master install adjust.
Both are messy, as after you turn the water off and flush it, and
sponge up any remaining water, there still always seems to be some drip
from the mounting hole after the old one is removed. just have a catch
can and rags handy. This is an ideal time to inspect the feed line and
valve. if you have no valve and had to turn off the main water valve to
service the toilet, now is the time to add one. If the end on the
supply valve isn't compatible with the new valve (assuming you op for
the new valve) it would be a good idea to pick one up with the new
valve, too long is OK if you don't mind the plumbers loop to take up
the excess, sometimes they don't have the exact length as your old one.

toilet not flushing BB4LTC Home Repair 7 April 21st 06 04:26 AM
Slow flushing toilet: Vent stack? TeGGeR® Home Repair 12 March 1st 06 02:00 AM
Flushing toilet and the shower [email protected] Home Ownership 18 February 2nd 06 09:02 PM
Toilet flushing problem [difficult flushing-possible vent problem] [email protected] Home Ownership 4 March 19th 05 10:30 AM
Toilet flushing & Hot Shower Andy Frank Home Repair 8 February 6th 04 12:48 PM