Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Any sources for 1970 vintage cast iron hydronic baseboard radiators?

I need help finding a f couple bolt-together baseboard radiator sections.

The sections bolt together with compression fittings between. I think it was
installed in this midwestern US home sometime in the 1970's. Holes are 1"
diameter and 6.5" on center. Section is 9" high and 2" thick. Need
approximately 3 1/2 feet total (two sections). One section must be a
right-hand end piece. Also need some associated sheet metal stampings for
end and corner. Any info re manufacturer or possible sources would be
appreciated.

I have posted an ebay "Want it now" that includes a small photo.

http://wantitnow.ebay.com/cast-Iron-...M EWINQ3aPOST

Any ideas where I might find these sections would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Karen Taylor wrote:
I need help finding a f couple bolt-together baseboard radiator sections.

The sections bolt together with compression fittings between. I think it was
installed in this midwestern US home sometime in the 1970's. Holes are 1"
diameter and 6.5" on center. Section is 9" high and 2" thick. Need
approximately 3 1/2 feet total (two sections). One section must be a
right-hand end piece. Also need some associated sheet metal stampings for
end and corner. Any info re manufacturer or possible sources would be
appreciated.

I have posted an ebay "Want it now" that includes a small photo.

http://wantitnow.ebay.com/cast-Iron-...M EWINQ3aPOST

Any ideas where I might find these sections would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried a real plumbing heating supply house and not the experts
at home cheepo?

Cast iron baseboard is still manufactured. Here is an example:

http://www.burnham.com/radiator/58100.cfm
Posted to alt.home.repair

Just a thought.

http://www.heatinghelp.com/newsletter.cfm?Id=20

Your picture on the eBay link was dead(at least to me).

"Karen Taylor" wrote in message
I need help finding a f couple bolt-together baseboard radiator sections.

The sections bolt together with compression fittings between. I think it

was
installed in this midwestern US home sometime in the 1970's. Holes are 1"
diameter and 6.5" on center. Section is 9" high and 2" thick. Need
approximately 3 1/2 feet total (two sections). One section must be a
right-hand end piece. Also need some associated sheet metal stampings for
end and corner. Any info re manufacturer or possible sources would be
appreciated.

I have posted an ebay "Want it now" that includes a small photo.

http://wantitnow.ebay.com/cast-Iron-...s-1970s-vintag
e_W0QQadidZ260014262877QQssPageNameZSTRKQ3aMEWINQ3 aPOST

Any ideas where I might find these sections would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am alreadyworking with a contractor.. He thought the nit was a baseray
when he bid the job, but found that it wasn't interchangeable with what is
there. The picture link in the original post should now be good again.
Don't know what went wrong there...

"George" wrote in message
Karen Taylor wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

We are using a contractor who is recommended as an area expert on hot water
systems. He thought that Baseray was a match, but the style is different
and the holes don't align. He's now stumped and I have a disassembled
radiator on my floor. The only option he offers is to either replace both
baseboard sections in the room- approximately 20 feet, or perhaps shorten
the current radiator somehow and fill in the space with custom sheet metal..
Shortening is a problem because the damaged piece is the end section, which
has pipe fittings instead of compression fittings. He also destroyed and or
lost the sheet metal for the corner and end covers.

The Ebay link is now good if you want to take another look.