Stephen

Default Cast Iron Soil Pipe Advice

Hi

I hope someone can help with this.

I have an existing waste pipe at the front of the house for bath and
basin bathroom waste water. It's 9ft approx high.

We plan to install a toilet in the bathroom with a Durgo valve and
change the waste to a 4 inch pipe the same height.

We are using the Durgo valve as we don't want to run the soil pipe the
full height of the house at the front. The base of the old waste pipe
will be upgraded to provide correct drainage for toilet waste.

The house is detached and there are other full height soil pipes
attached to the same drainage system.

Can anyone comment on whether this is all a good idea.

My wife wants to keep cast iron pipes. Can anyone advise on how we
connect the new plastic soil pipe from the bathroom to the new cast
iron soil pipe.

How can we cap this new cast iron soil pipe.

Are there any cheap places to buy cast iron pipes.

Are there plastic pipes which look like cast iron which may be easier
to deal with.

Thanks in advance.
John Stumbles

Stephen wrote:

Hi

I hope someone can help with this.

I have an existing waste pipe at the front of the house for bath and
basin bathroom waste water. It's 9ft approx high.

We plan to install a toilet in the bathroom with a Durgo valve and
change the waste to a 4 inch pipe the same height.

We are using the Durgo valve as we don't want to run the soil pipe the
full height of the house at the front. The base of the old waste pipe
will be upgraded to provide correct drainage for toilet waste.

You can't use a durgo outside

John Stumbles wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Hi

I hope someone can help with this.

I have an existing waste pipe at the front of the house for bath

and
basin bathroom waste water. It's 9ft approx high.

We plan to install a toilet in the bathroom with a Durgo valve and
change the waste to a 4 inch pipe the same height.

We are using the Durgo valve as we don't want to run the soil pipe

the
full height of the house at the front. The base of the old waste

pipe
will be upgraded to provide correct drainage for toilet waste.

You can't use a durgo outside

Sorry for confusion. Durgo inside bathroom and attached to internal
soil pipe. A branch from this pipe goes outside to new soil pipe.

Cast Iron Soil Pipe Fitting Supply Robert UK diy 3 February 28th 05 06:31 PM
Req'd: Cast Iron Soil Pipe bracket and Cast Iron>Plastic fittings John Borman UK diy 1 January 9th 05 09:05 PM
Cast iron pipe Rich Home Repair 7 August 5th 04 08:26 AM
Cutting a 3" hole in cast-iron waste stack [email protected] Home Repair 14 April 22nd 04 12:42 PM
Cast Iron sewer -- Is it a hazard? Steve Smith Home Repair 6 September 8th 03 11:06 PM