Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Total house amp/electirc question

Can someone explain what the amp ratting on electric breaker box means. I
think mine is 100 AMP. Is that a limitation of the box or the power coming
in to my box? What does it take to upgrade to get more ampage? My house is
full of electronics including 2 fridges, 1 freezer, 2 AC units, plus tons of
DJ / computer equipment. I am always seeing voltage drops and I am afraid
its just the entire power system is inadequate. What is involved in
upgrading my system?