Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about sheetrock Estimate

I have an 1100SqFt space with 9' Ceilings that I need to have sheetrock
and skim coated. I just received and Estimate for $12,000.00 and that
seems a little high to me. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what
something like this might cost? Any help is appreciated and thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have an 1100SqFt space with 9' Ceilings that I need to have sheetrock
and skim coated. I just received and Estimate for $12,000.00 and that
seems a little high to me. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what
something like this might cost? Any help is appreciated and thanks.

Yowsa! I just had 1200sq ft with 12' cathedrals, greenboarded and plastered
for 5500$

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hmm.. 1100 could be 133 linear feet of wall. 9 foot ceilings makes
1197 square feet of wall, plus the ceiling, that's about 2300 square
feet of rock. If 4x12 sheets will lay out right, that's 48 sheets,
bare minumum. I haven't a clue how you'd lay out 4' sheets on a 9'
wall.

I bought sheets for around $15. A friend had his place drywalled by
pros who charged damn near what I bought the sheets for - let's say $20
- including materials. The price was so close I wondered why I went
through the damn trouble to do it myself.

So, that's about a thousand bucks, absolute bare minumum, for a single
perfectly square room with efficient usage of 1/2" 4x12 sheets. In the
real world, expect the price to go up substantially. Either way, $12k
sounds way high. I'd get another estimate.

-rev

wrote:
I have an 1100SqFt space with 9' Ceilings that I need to have sheetrock
and skim coated. I just received and Estimate for $12,000.00 and that
seems a little high to me. Can anyone give me a rough idea of what
something like this might cost? Any help is appreciated and thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thank you all for your reponses.

Is it reasonable to demand a contractor's estimate in writing? Yank_fan_2965 Home Repair 30 December 30th 05 04:50 PM
Dehumidification, fan speed, and backfeed question thrugoodmarshall Home Repair 0 December 17th 05 06:36 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Siding question Alexander Galkin Home Repair 3 November 20th 04 02:00 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM